As a family-owned business with over 40 years of experience, GAMMA Sports has a history of developing innovative products and advancing the skills for racquet sports players of all levels. We found our start in the tennis world with our legendary GAMMA Gut string and have since exploded at the leading edge of America’s fastest growing sport – Pickleball! Located along the beautiful Allegheny River in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, our offices include on-site courts for product testing (and a bit of friendly competition amongst employees!) and an overall fun environment!
Product Development Manager
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to develop products from conception to distribution with a strong emphasis on the idea creation phase of the product development lifecycle. Working within the Brand Team, the Product Development Manager brings an entrepreneurial approach to generating ideas, developing concepts & specifications, and sourcing engineers to develop prototypes.
The Product Development Manager is passionate about bringing innovative ideas and products to life with the GAMMA Sports team!
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create a multi-year product plan with consideration of key target market segments and strategic focus delivering product line growth and profitability
- Identify and research sectors that are ripe for new opportunities
- Advocate and lead the Product Development Process and Procedure initiative
- Evaluate, iterate, and manage the Lifecycle Management process for current and future product lines
- Maintain, conduct, and drive the analysis of Competitors & Trends
- Maintain strong relationships with current Vendors and create beneficial partnerships with prospective Vendors
- Execute and fulfill all tasks related to generating Product Requirements. This includes optimizing processes for identifying and determining product specifications as well as communicating those specifications to the appropriate team
- Create and implement a roadmap for ensuring timely execution around Production Timetables
- Generate, analyze, and interpret Pro Forma P&L’s in determining go/no go recommendation on product launch
- Creative self-starter with ability to work independently and collaboratively with the internal and external team
- Strong ability to cross-functionally communicate technical implications to the team members
- Firm knowledge and comprehension of engineering principles
- Exhibits problem solving and decision-making abilities to drive results
- Proven track record of analytical, organizational and planning skills
- Technical product guru who understands and enjoys exploring the internal functions of a particular product
- Analytical mindset when approaching and solving complex problems
- Assumes and maintains ownership of all job-related responsibilities
- Familiarity with tennis and pickleball/racquet sports preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Equivalent Experience
- 5 – 7 Years of Related Sporting Goods or Consumer Product Experience
- Global Sourcing and Travel Experience
- Agency Selection Experience
- Management Experience
- Industrial Design Preferred
- Supply Chain Exposure Preferred
- Open Office Working Environment
- Occasional International or Domestic Travel Required
- Occasional exposure to outdoor weather – heat, rain etc. as attendance at company related sporting events may be required.
Compensation: Negotiable based on education, experience, and skills.
Application and Selection Process: Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 1, 2019. Only candidates selected for interviews will be notified. GAMMA Sports Inc., is an equal opportunity employer.